jue, 16 nov|
Supporting Students in Temporary Housing with Title 1 Part A Set-Aside Funds in New York City
The webinar will provide information on the purpose of Title 1 funds and how these funds can be used to support students living in temporary housing.
Time & Location
16 nov 2023, 9:30 – 11:00 GMT-5
About the Event
Under the McKinney-Vento Act, school districts must remove barriers for students in temporary housing to attend and succeed in school. Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act provides financial assistance to local educational agencies (LEAs) and schools with high numbers or percentages of children from low-income families. The webinar will provide information on the purpose of Title 1 funds and how these funds can be used to support students living in temporary housing.
By the end of today’s webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the general principles regarding how to use STH Title 1 funds.
- Identify allowable and unallowable expenditures using Title 1 funds.
- Assess the needs of your STH student population to align with the spending of Title 1 funds.
- Describe how the McKinney-Vento Act and STH Title 1 programs work together to meet the needs of students in temporary housing.
- Learn about the allocation of STH Title 1 funds allotted to each school.